Zaxcom - ZFR300 Audio Recorder
Two batteries, one recorder
QuickOn power up the ZFR can jam time code via the ZaxNet 2.4Ghz signal and then will then start recording and transmitting QC audio with time code within 10 seconds
ScalableAny number of ZFR recorders and wireless transmitters can be utilized to form an unlimited virtual multi-track recording system with full ZaxNet control
PowerfulThe ZFR300 battery last all day
The Zaxcom ZFR 300 (Zaxcom Flash Recorder) is the same size as Zaxcom TRXLA2 wireless transmitter and can accept standard lavaliere microphones. A stereo ZFR can accept two lavaliere microphones, or two unbalanced microphone inputs.
The ZFR can be used as an easy way to record ISO tracks on multiple talent with no fears of being out of range or having to deal with RF issues.
On power up the ZRF will jam time code via the ZaxNet 2.4Ghz signal and will then start transmitting QC audio with time code within 10 seconds. The built-in ZaxNet transmitter is used for quality control monitoring and can be used as a timecode master to wirelessly jam other recording body pack recorders or recording wireless transmitters. The body packs can optionally re-jam time code every few minutes to maintain sub-frame accurate time code lock. At the end of your shoot you gather each SD memory card from the ZFR and deliver them to post.
Post production can then easily drop each ISO track into their non-linear edit system and have a clean timecoded audio track to work with.
Recording systems can be as simple as a single ZFR recorder and a single ERX2TCD receiver to wirelessly monitor the audio and time code from the recorder. Any number of ZFR recorders and wireless transmitters can be utilized to form an unlimited virtual multi-track recording system. The advantage of this system is that for production sound it eliminates the limitations of wireless microphones.
- Recorder Audio
- Dynamic Range: 104 dB
- Distrotion: <0.01%
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 16 kHz
- Highpass Filter: Off or 70 to 220 Hz, step: 10 (6 dB per octave)
- Mic Power: 3.3 VDC @ 10mA max
- Mic Connector: 3-pin micro LEMO (mic side = FGB.00.303.CLAD22)
- Input Range: -60 to -24 dBu
- Impedance: 4.7 k ohms
- ADC Bit-depth: 24 bits
- ADC Sampling-rate: 48 kHz
- Timecode Reader / Generator
- Clock Accuracy: 1.54 PPM (1 frame out in 6 hours)
- Timecode Type: SMPTE
- Timecode Rame-rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97NDF, 29.97DF, 30NDF, 30DF
- Media: microSD card (Flash memory)
- File Format: .ZAX
- Recording Time: 96 hours (16 GB card)Internal
- 2.4 GHz ZaxNet
- RF Frequency Range: 2.403 to 2.475 GHz
- RF Modulation: Digital Spread Sepctrum
- RF Frequency Step: 0.001 GHz (1 MHz)
- RF Bandwidth: 1 MHz
- Channel Separation: 2 MHz
- Weight: 3.1 oz without battery
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.0″ x 2.4″ x .65″
- Power: Up to 12 hours (2 AA lithium or NiMH)
- Display: Graphic LCD panel