Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X 116 Pro
- For Select Nikon DX-Format (APS-C) DSLRs
- f/2.8 Aperture throughout Zoom Range
- Ultra Wide Angle Zoom
- One-Touch Focus Clutch Mechanism
- 9-Blade Aperture Diaphragm
The Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X 116 Pro DX Autofocus Lens for Nikon DX-Format DSLRs is an ultra wide angle, short zoom range lens specifically designed for use with select Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras. The slightly shorter zoom range of this lens over the popular and award winning 12-24mm lens makes it possible to maintain optical quality even at wide-open apertures. This lens features a fast constant aperture of f/2.8, and provides a focal length equivalent to 16.5-24mm in 35mm format.
As part of the AT-X line, this lens is designed to provide excellent optical quality, and offers advanced features like the WR (Water Resistant) front element, its One-touch Focus Clutch Mechanism, that allows the photographer to switch between AF and MF simply by snapping the focus ring forward for AF and back toward the camera to focus manually. Also, it has a 9-bladed aperture for smooth out of focus areas.
- Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras or digital cameras with image sensor larger than APS-C size (e.g. D4, D700, D800).
- Autofocus not supported on cameras that lack a drive motor, including the D40, D60, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, and D5300.
- WR (Water Resistant) coating made of a special compound has been applied to the front surface of the lens through the use of a unique evaporation process. As a result, the lens offers excellent water- and oil-repellent performance and makes for easier cleaning should the lens be accidentally smeared with fingerprints or cosmetics.
One Touch Focus Clutch Mechanism
- The One Touch Focus Clutch Mechanism allows for fast and easy switching between manual and auto focus from any position. This improvement means that it is not necessary to change the AF/MF switch (on the body with Nikon or the lens with Canon) every time the lens is changed from auto focus to manual focus mode.
- The rounded diaphragm opening (9 blades) makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural.