NEXTO DI - NVS2525 750GB Video Storage Pro+
- Internal 2.5" SATA 7200 rpm HDD: 750 GB
- Supports Sony Camcorder SxS/SXS-1 Cards
- Supports Panasonic P2 / P2E cards
- Supports CF Cards w/ Included Adapter
- Supports Ikegami GFPAK Flash Devices
- 2.4" LCD Video Preview Screen
- Rechargeable Lithium Battery
- USB 2.0, Firewire and eSATAp Interfaces
- Built-In Safety Measures
The 750 GB NVS2525 Video Storage Pro+ from NEXTO DI is a compact setup designed to provide secure, error-free backups of video that you shoot. The NVS2525 Video Storage pro+ contains an internal hard disc drive of 750 GB, a Compact Flash adapter, a holding case for the external HDD, a carrying case for the NVS2525, as well as a rechargeable lithium battery for powering both the NVS2525 and the external HDD simultaneously.
NEXTO DI has included a number ways in which you can connect to the rugged NVS2525 Video Storage pro+ in creating critical backups. This Video Storage pro+ features two memory card slots, one for Panasonic P2 and P2E cards and one for Sony SxS and SxS-1 cards. So, if you shoot with cameras or camcorders using either of these cards, you can upload directly. In addition, you can also use the SxS slot to connect the included adapter that will support Compact Flash memory cards. Another adapter that's sold separately will also allow you to connect SDXC and SDHC cards via the SxS slot.* Beyond these slots, you can also upload files from an Ikegami GFPAK, using the USB/eSATAp host port.
Because the NVS2525 is also designed to help you quickly create more than one backup, you can send any files that you've uploaded to the NVS2525 on to the included external eSATAp HDD or another company's external HDD that has an eSATA or USB interface. At data transfer rates of 3.0 Gb/s for eSATA drives and 480 Mb/s for USB drives, sending files out to an external drive is fast. While you would use the eSATAp / USB host port for those transfers, you can also use either the FireWire 800 or USB 2.0 ports to send your files out to a computer.
Along with these options, the NVS2525 has a few other finishing touches that make it an excellent buy for backing up your video footage. It features a 2.4" LCD preview screen so that you may preview any video or photos on your internal HDD or on an external connected device before you start transferring data. It also features a protective rubber jacket, high-density polyurethane foam that insulates the internal HDD from shocks, and a built-in free-fall sensor that keeps the HDD read/write head from accidentally writing on the platter where data is stored. Plus, in terms of safety, this storage device can prevent itself from writing in bad sectors of the disc drive, recover data from damaged sectors, and alert you when a data transfer with another device, such as a computer or external hard drive, succeeded or failed. To note, when the drive recovers data from damaged sectors, it is accessible and capable of being edited at your computer. Typically, damaged data on a hard drive isn't accessible or editable.
- Preview your video thumbnails and film clips on the 2.4" color LCD screen
- Multitude of Interfaces
- Beyond using the memory card slots, this device gives you many options for transferring data on and off the device: USB 2.0, FireWire, and host USB/eSATA connectivity, so that you can connect external hard drives, computers, laptops, and Ikegami GFPAK Flash Devices
- Hard Drive with Getty Up!
- For internal storage, this device houses a 750 GB 2.5" SATA 7200 rpm hard drive
- Designed for Video
- Back-up Sony SxS, SxS-1, P2, P2E, or with the included adapter, Compact Flash cards. Also back-up SDHC and SDXC cards with the right adapter (not included)
- Two General Copy Modes
- In "Multi Copy" mode, you have the option to directly copy onto both this device's internal hard drive and an external hard drive. In "Sync" mode, this device will compare data between its internal hard drive and an external hard drive and will only then copy new data onto that external drive
|Storage Capacity||750 GB 2.5" SATA 7200 rpm Internal Hard Disc Drive|
|Compatible Memory Cards||SxS and SxS-1
P2 and P2E
CF with adapter
SDHC and SDXC with adapter
|LCD Display||2.4" Color TFT LCD: 320 x 240, 64K colors|
With included adapter: CF
With not-included adapter: SDHC and SDXC
|System Requirements||OS Compatibility:
Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, ME
MAC OS 9.2 or above, Linux 2.4.18 or above
|Power Source||Internal: 3.7 V 4400 mA rechargeable Li-Poly battery (120 min)
Rechargeable by AC adapter, USB cable, IEEE 1394b (FireWire 800) cable (9-9 pin) and Cigar Jack charger
External: Battery holder for recharging internal battery with four standard AA cell batteries (40 min)
|Dimensions (L x W x D)||6.1 x 3.6 x 1.3" (15.4 x 9.1 x 3.3 cm)|
|Weight||0.94 lb (0.43 kg)|
|Package Weight||6.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||9.8 x 9.0 x 8.1"|